- Get involved in the community, developing interpersonal communication and project management skills.
- Gain a deeper understanding of ourselves and build empathy to create a meaningful connection with our peers, teachers, and the local community.
- Explore the meaning, purpose, and relevance of everything you learn, making you aware of how your study transitions into real-world issues.
Our lottery for the 2023-2024 school year is complete but we are continuing to accept applications. We look forward to meeting you at one of our open houses at 8:30a on the first Friday of each month!
Future Compass Students
If your family would like to join Compass for the next school year click on the “Apply Now” button above to submit an application.
Applying for the 2023-24 school year: after you have completed and submitted the application you will receive an email confirming that we have received your student's application and it will be added to the pre-lottery pool. As a PSD-authorized charter, we will follow the District's timeline and close the application period on December 31st at 12 noon. The lottery will be run after winter break, in early January, and we will notify students that were chosen by the randomized lottery with an offer of acceptance shortly thereafter. Parents/guardians must send a written electronic response within three (3) business days to accept or decline the offer to enroll. If there is no response within the three day window, the applicant will be placed on the waiting list for the applicable grade level.
Up to 20% of new enrollees may be exempt from the lottery:
1. Siblings of current Compass students
2. Children of current Compass staff
Priority in the lottery will be given to:
1. All students with completed applications submitted by the deadline who have attended an in-person new parent orientation meeting OR both a virtual/remote parent orientation meeting AND a school open house prior to the lottery.
2. All students whose parent/guardian reside within the Poudre School District Boundary and whose parent/guardian has completed applications by the deadline prior to the lottery.
ALSO NOTE: Once a student is accepted for a seat at our HIGH SCHOOL, the student will be required to submit a portfolio of work that includes:
1. A short personal statement about their interest in Compass (this can be written, a visual art piece with an artist's statement, or a performance piece (video, podcast, etc.)
2. An example of an academic writing piece from middle school or early high school.
3. An academic product of which the student is proud and feels represents their interests and passions.
This is not a requirement for acceptance to the school. The portfolio will be used to help place the student in the appropriate level and interest-based courses and must be submitted before registering for classes in April for the following school year.
Compass reserves the right to deny admission to any student who has:
- been expelled from any school in the previous 24 months
- engaged in behavior at any school that has been recorded as detrimental to the welfare and safety of other students or school staff
- engaged in behavior at school that has been recorded as habitually disruptive
- been recorded as having possessed a dangerous weapon at school
- been recorded as possessing, using, or selling drugs at school
- been recorded as having committed an act that if committed by an adult would be robbery, first-degree assault, or second-degree assault
FINAL NOTE: Applications do not roll over from year to year. If your student does not receive an offer for admission for this coming school year, you will need to submit a new application (beginning in October of 2023) to be considered for possible admission for the 2024-2025 school year.